Eleven
The Crusades Through Arab Eyes
Jon Rothschild, Amin Maalouf
Island of a Thousand Mirrors
Nayomi Munaweera

The Professor and the President: Daniel Patrick Moynihan in the Nixon White House - Stephen Hess I got this from firstreads.

Since I've never really studied the period, most of what I knew about Nixon before reading this book was limited to Vietnam, the southern strategy, and Watergate. I really enjoyed this mini-biography of Moynihan and his time in the Nixon administration. I initially entered the drawing because I love snippets of history in which conservatives and liberals work together in surprising ways, and these two years in the Nixon administration certainly qualify as that kind of event. What really came of it? The biggest event was a failed welfare overhaul (Congress didn't pass it). But the expert telling of the domestic policy development in the administration is great (Hess was an assistant to Moynihan). It's readable, light, and informative. Biased, sure, by personal experience. But I loved it. I recommend it to anyone interested in the history of the period, or in just quirky political interactions, like I am.